Find here, When is Saraswati Puja 2019 / Basant Panchami 2019? Why and How it is celebrated? Why we worship Saraswati mata?
Also Read :
Maa Saraswati is the Hindu goddess of Knowledge, Intellectual, Speech and all Arts. A person becomes learned, wise and well-mannered from her blessings.
Saraswati Mata is one of the three main goddess in Hinduism. Hindus pray SHAKTI for power, LAXMI for wealth and Saraswati for for knowledge.
Maa Saraswati carries a book in one hand and Veena (harp) in other hand. This symbolises her as source of all knowledge and arts. She wears white cloths which reflects her purity and spirituality. Saraswati Mata sits on white Lotus which denote supreme knowledge. She rides a swan which denote discretion and intellectual.
Other names of Goddess Saraswati :
Brahmi, Bharti, Vani,
Sharda, Hamsa-vahini, Bhasa,
Vagisha, Mahasweta, Vidhatri, etc.
Saraswati Puja 2019 Date / Vasant Panchami 2019
- Although, devotees especially students, teachers and artists keep her image in their house and pray for her blessings daily. However, whole nation celebrate Saraswati Puja as festival on fifth day of second fortnight of a Hindi month, Magh.
- This day marks the arrival of Spring in India. So, the day is also called Basant Panchami (Spring’s 5th day).
- Temporary temples (Puja Pandals) are erected in schools, colleges and societies. Idols of Goddess Saraswati is placed and worshiped at auspicious time of the day.
- The Yellow colour which represents the arrival of spring season is considered auspicious on this day.
- Peoples wear yellow clothes. They visit these Puja pandals, prey and offer Prasadam to the Goddess. Special dishes and recipes are prepared at home.
- Play and musical shows are organised in the night. Next day, devotees take idols on procession and finally immerse them in pond or river to conclude the celebration in the evening.
सरस्वती नमस्तुभ्यं वर्दे कामरूपिणी
विद्यारम्भं करिष्यामि सिद्धिर्भवतु में सदा।
Wishing you all a very happy Saraswati Puja and Basant Panchami !