There can be many reason to migrate wordpress site to a new host. May be services of the old host is not up to date. May be new host is providing better features or newer technology.
Find here the best method to migrate wordpress site to new host without loosing any content and traffic.
Also Read :
Most of the new bloggers do mistakes while selecting the host for their blog. Initially you don’t realize the hosting need of your blog. When your blog is new you don’t require that much resource. So you choose Free hosting or cheap Shared Hosting package with limited resources.
As your blog grows you may need to upgrade your hosting plan or even switch to new host. Careful selection of host is necessary SEO. Google don’t like pages that load slow or down often. Server location of the host also affect page speed.
Try to go for Cloud hosting, VPS hosting or Dedicated server hosting. Shared hosting is only recommended for beginners and low traffic sites. Avoid free hosting. Look for features like RAM, Bandwidth, Storage, Uptime rate, Security, Support etc while comparing the hosting plans.
Always choose from top hosting providers. In India you can select Godaddy for shared hosting. And for Cloud Hosting we would recommend Hostgator and Reseller Club.
Various methods to migrate a wordpress site to new hosting
So for any reason you want to change your hosting, you can use following methods for free –
1) If your new host provide free migration then use their assistance.
2) Download the partial back ups of the Directory and MySQL Database from old host and restore them at new host.
3) Use of Plug-ins (Recommended) – This is the simplest method and don’t require lot of expertise.
Steps to migrate your wordpress website using Updraft Plus plug-in
- Dropbox account : Create a dropbox account using your google account.
- Install Updraft Plus Plug in on your wordpress site.
- Select Dropbox as the remote storage under the setting tab of the plugin. Authenticate the plugin to use your dropbox by following the link.
- Create the Backup by clicking Back up now button under the Backup/Restore tab.
- Change the old Nameservers of the Domain with new nameservers provided by the new host.
- Wait for 24 hours. A DNS change requires up to 48 hours to propagate worldwide, although most often this happens in a few hours.
- Install WordPress at your new host.
- Install Updraft plus plugin. Select and authenticate dropbox as the remote storage.
- Restore the Backup : Select the existing back up and click on the Restore button.
So by using this method you can easily move your wordpress site to a new host without loosing any content. For more information you can visit the official website of Updraft plus.